The LUMAS Gallery and Sequana Partners Arts Grant Program is a joint initiative by project management consultancy Sequana Partners and LUMAS Gallery to support and celebrate the creative community, providing artists with funding and a platform to showcase their work (“Arts Grant”).
Whilst Sequana Partners operates in the water engineering and infrastructure industry, the team recognises and appreciates the importance of the arts community and made the decision to invest in the creative sector alongside LUMAS Gallery.
LUMAS Australia represents over 250 Australian and international artists of various stages in their career. LUMAS’ motto is “Liberation of Art” and seeks to make art affordable and accessible to new collectors, supporting new and upcoming artists.
The Arts Grant Program will award $4,000 to a winning artist each month, commencing in July 2020 and concluding in December 2020, providing a total of six grants.
Each art work submission must have a clear link to water, sustainability or the environment.
Each winner and their work will be celebrated at a group exhibition at LUMAS Gallery in early-2021.
Representatives from LUMAS Gallery and Sequana Partners will be joined by Anouska Phizacklea, Director of Monash Gallery of Art (MGA) to judge the entrants each month.
Submit your entry online here by 11.59pm AEST on the due date of each month, including the following:
- Upload of a low-resolution PDF or JPEG image of your submission artwork.
- Artwork must have a clear link to water, sustainability or the environment.
- Upload 1-page CV or biography, outlining a list of exhibitions (if relevant).
- Articulation of how the grant will be used / how it will help support you.
- Explanation of your submitted piece and how it reflects water, sustainability or the environment.
- If you experience upload issues, please email your submission to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Grant will host a Group Exhibition in early 2021 (date and location TBC), which will showcase all 6 winners of the Arts Grant.
Artists can choose to make their artworks available for sale at the Group Exhibition. Guidance can be provided on how to price their artworks.
Their winning artworks must be sent or physically provided to LUMAS Gallery (597 Church Street, Richmond VIC 3121) upon being announced as winners.
Following the conclusion of the Group Exhibition, artists can arrange to collect their artworks.
Artists are strongly encouraged to attend the Group Exhibition.